Corporate Hepatitis B Vaccine Service
Who is this service for?
Anyone who’s exposed to blood or bodily fluids as part of their job, should be protected against Hepatitis B. The Boots Corporate Hepatitis B Vaccination Service is the convenient way to help protect you and your employees.
The benefits of using our service
- No need to disrupt the working day with a vaccination clinic at work
- Flexible payment either by company credit card or invoice*
- Buy e-vouchers via our simple online ordering system
- An online appointment booking system for employees
- Over 300 Boots stores** offering vaccination appointments
- Ideal for mobile and field-based employees or those working at multiple sites
*Invoice is offered for customers that place an order for a minimum of £1000
**Participating stores only
What is Hepatitis B?
Hepatitis B is a viral infection that causes serious liver disease. Spread through blood and other bodily fluids, symptoms include a high temperature, yellowing of the skin (jaundice), stomach pains, diarrhoea and a loss of appetite. The best way to help protect against Hepatitis B is to complete a vaccination course and stay up-to-date with any boosters and additional doses.
How can we help protect your employees against Hepatitis B?
Anyone working in healthcare, laboratories, care homes, waste disposal, police, fire or rescue services as well as prison and immigration centres, are at an increased risk of contracting Hepatitis B. The Hepatitis B vaccination is a course of three injections over six months which helps protect against the virus.
An accelerated course is also available given over 2 months with a fourth dose at 12 months if required.
How it works
Prices start from just £38.50 per dose
- If you’re buying for 1 to 19 people, e-vouchers are £132 each (£44 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 20 to 49 people, e-vouchers are £128.70 each (£42.90 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 50 to 99 people, e-vouchers are £125.40 each (£41.80 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 100 to 149 people, e-vouchers are £122.10 each (£40.70 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 150 to 199 people, e-vouchers are £118.80 each (£39.60 per dose)
- If you’re buying for 200+ people, e-vouchers are £115.50 each (£38.50 per dose)
- Voucher price is determined by the cumulative volume purchased within a 12 month rolling period.
- Prices are based on a standard 3 course.
Is a blood test needed after the vaccination?
When the vaccination course is complete, an immunity blood test is needed to check whether you or your employees are now protected against the virus. This blood test should be taken one to four months after the last vaccination. Depending on the result, another dose of the vaccine may be required. Medichecks have a number of immunity testing options from at-home testing kits to on-site phlebotomy clinics. You can order a home blood testing kit or arrange for an onsite visit by emailing [email protected].
If you order a finger prick test kit, your employees can provide a blood sample in the comfort of their own home and send this off in the post. A doctor’s report is included with the test which you can opt out of, if it isn’t needed. The results are available to the employee via an online portal within two to three days of the sample arriving at the laboratory. Employees can download a PDF of their results to share with their employer if required.
Visit www.medichecks.com/BootsHepB for more information on immunity testing.